On October 7, President of the de-facto state of Artsakh [Nagorno-Karabakh] Arayik Harutyunyan announced that his forces had launched a major counter attack against the Azerbaijani Armed Forces.
This video shows Armenian strikes on positions of Azerbaijani forces and their impact:
In an official statement, Harutyunyan said his forces had, thus far, recaptured a position and lift the siege of 19 soldiers who had been fighting on their own for several days.
“The Azerbaijanis were soundly routed as a result of this combined operation, leaving behind military equipment, armour and over 100 dead,” Harutyunyan said in the statement, without providing any additional details.
Earlier today, the Ministry of Defense of Armenia released videos showing some of the heavy losses Azerbaijani forces sustained in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Today, Armenian Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan in his interview with Russian edition RBK spoke about the success of the Karabakh army in the Jabrayil front. According to him, the Azerbaijani side faced a crushing blow there.
“Taking into account the information that came in the early morning, we can say that the tactic used by the Karabakh military leaders worked — they took tactical steps in the South, left the corridor and lured the Azerbaijani military corps there,” the Armenian Prime Minister said.
Azerbaijan called these claims “unfounded and false”.
Armenian sources are sharing more footage now. A new video that surfaced on social media shows the bodies of three dead Azerbaijani soldiers near an abandoned battle tank in an unspecified position that was recently recaptured.
In the last few days, Azerbaijani forces advanced in Nagorno-Karabakh capturing several towns and villages. Armenian forces sustained heavy losses.
Now, Armenian forces, backed by hundreds of volunteers, are attempting to push Azerbaijani troops back. This will not likely be an easy task.